- Oxtongue Rapids Hiking Trail – 15 km east of Colonial Bay, just off Highway 60. This gem is just a short drive away and is a beautiful spot for a picnic. (The photo above was taken there in the Fall.)
- Ronville Hiking Trail – 15 km southeast of Colonial Bay off Highway 35. This 1.2 km cliffside hike offers views of Lake of Bays.
- Fairy Vista Trail – 7 km west of Colonial Bay alongside Highway 60. This 3.4 km paved trail is suitable for both walking and cycling. It offers varied scenery including forest, farmland and views of Fairy Lake.
- Huntsville Mural Walk – 12 km west of Colonial Bay in the heart of Huntsville. For a more urban experience, this walk takes you through Downtown Huntsville to view the Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery.
- Limberlost Forest Reserve Trails – 10 km north of Colonial Bay on Limberlost Road. This network of 70 km of trails is open Monday through Saturday from 8am to 8pm (check in at the office before heading to the trails).
There are also an abundance of trails in both Arrowhead Provincial Park and Algonquin Provincial Park (park fees apply). You can find information about the trails here:
Arrowhead Park trails
Algonquin Park trials
Whether you prefer an easy stroll or a challenging hike, Muskoka offers it all. The next time you stay with us, why not check out a few of them and then head back to Colonial Bay for a refreshing swim.
We had a fantastic long weekend and will post some photos soon.
From our family to yours,
Bruce, Nicolle, Luke, Ben & Addie