Another long weekend has come and gone but the amazing summer weather continues! If you didn’t have a chance to visit Muskoka, we hope you had a fabulous long weekend wherever you were. And remember, only 24 days until the next one!
In the meantime, there’s lots happening around Muskoka this month:
- Concerts in the Park - Wednesdays throughout July, 7pm, Town Docks, Huntsville – Every Wednesday evening, bring a lawn chair and a toonie for some tunes!
- Celebrate the Street – July 9, 9am-2pm, Huntsville – Buskers, children’s games, artists’ demonstrations and performances from the Edge of the Woods theatre company
- Nuit Blanche North - July 9, 9pm-2am, Huntsville – The streets will come alive with an exciting program of free contemporary artistic activities, events and exhibits taking place in unconventional places in and around Huntsville’s downtown core.
- 31st Annual Antique and Classic Boat Show - July 9, 8am-5pm, Gravenhurst Wharf – Features over 100 traditional antique and classic boats plus a display of approximately 100 antique and classic cars organized by the Pink Slips Car Club.
- Firefly Festival - July 15, 6pm-midnight, Downtown Huntsville – Huntsville’s quaint Main Street closes to cars, and opens to a Friday evening of family fun, live music, great food and shopkeeper specials.
- Muskoka Arts & Crafts 49th Annual Summer Show - July 15-17, Annie Williams Park, Bracebridge - Two hundred sensational artists and craftspeople from Muskoka and across Canada show and sell their original and handmade works. Hours: Friday, 10am-7pm, Saturday & Sunday, 10am-5pm. Admission by Donation. Free Parking. The park is located at the corner of Santa's Village Road and Wellington Street.
- Cushion Concerts - Saturdays from July 16 to August 6, 10am-11am, River Mill Park, Huntsville – A fun-filled program presented by local performers that will introduce children to the wonders of a variety of different musical styles. Sit on our cushion, or bring your own. Best of all, it's free for everyone!
- Firefest - July 30, 5pm, Dwight – Don't miss Muskoka's biggest beach party at Dwight beach! Activities include a BBQ & beach activities begin at 5pm: Northern Lights Steel Band, Lake of Bays Water & Rescue Boat and a Gigantic Fireworks display at dusk. Help support our volunteer firefighters & have a good time. $5.00/person or $20.00/family.
- And, of course, there's always beach fun, watersports and campfires at Colonial Bay!
Have a fantastic July and we hope to see you soon!
The Howell Family