The Muskoka chair is our iconic image of summer and it’s the perfect spot to kick back and relax. You wouldn’t think a wooden chair could be so comfortable. On the beach, on the dock, by the fire, or in the woods, they are an inviting place to take a break wherever you find them.
Here are a few suggestions for what you can do from a Muskoka chair:
- Listen to the loons early in the morning.
- Do some yoga (yes, really)
- Read a book. To keep with the theme you could check out these ones written about or in Muskoka, but really any book will do.
- Pretend to read a book while secretly napping.
- Not-so-secret napping (but remember, more than one kid out there has pranked a snoozing parent).
- Think about going for a swim.
- Decide to enjoy one of Muskoka’s famous beverages instead.
- Dry off in the sun after a swim.
- Dig your toes in the sand.
- Have another nap.
- Warm up in front of the fire pit.
- Eat corn roasted over the fire.
- Have your picture taken to remember your trip to Muskoka.
There’s a Muskoka chair waiting for you at Colonial Bay this July long weekend. (If you haven't booked your spot yet, you can see our availability here.) And if you get tired of that, you could head out to one of the Canada Day celebrations in Huntsville or the rest of Muskoka.
We hope to see you soon!
The Howell Family