Not only is Muskoka a renowned vacation destination, it has recently become a popular site for triathlons. There are seven events still to come this year, culminating with the challenging Ironman 70.3 in September.
Part of Muskoka’s popularity for triathlons is the same reason other visitors converge here in the summer: pristine lakes, rolling hills and gorgeous scenery. Those features make for pleasing yet challenging race routes and provide ample training opportunities on many of Muskoka’s back roads and tucked-away lakes.
If you’re a triathlete, or have always wanted to try one, here are this year’s Muskoka triathlons:
- MultiSport Triathlon /Duathlon (includes a Give-it-a-Tri), Gravenhurst, July 14-15
- Saturday July 21
- Subaru Muskoka 5i50, Huntsville, Sunday July 22
- The Muskoka Grind, Sunday August 5, Limberlost Forest Reserve (just north of Colonial Bay!) - Off-Road Triathlon, Duathlon and Trail Run
- MultiSport Triathlon/Duathlon (includes a Give-it-a-Tri), Bracebridge, August 11-12
- MultiSport Triathlon, Bala, August 19
- Subaru Ironman 70.3, Huntsville, Sunday September 9
For more information about triathlons in Muskoka, go to the TriMuskoka website.
If you’re visiting Colonial Bay Cottages this summer (and why wouldn’t you be?!), why not check out a race and cheer the athletes on? If you haven’t booked yet, you can see our availability here.
We hope to see you soon!
The Howell Family